Junior PHP Developer
About the job
We’re looking for a bright and skillful Junior PHP Developer who is also happy to experiment with WordPress.
If you are looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity. Working at the cutting edge of modern full stack software development, we are looking for a creative, enthusiastic individual, to help develop and maintain an exciting SaaS product. The successful candidate will be a core part of the development team, working closely with other software engineers and product managers to develop truly innovative products.
We are looking for individuals with good attention to detail and who can multitask and switch projects easily. You will learn quickly, exploring and adopting the best methodologies and practices in order to fulfil tasks and meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will be based in our Iasi office.
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
For over 16 years we have been helping millions of people get in touch with the best products of the insurance industry. At its roots, the insurance industry is about protecting members of a community.
We’re a multi-layered insurance comparison technology company with expertise in lots of different areas. Our business is growing, and we are not getting unnoticed out there. Millions of people use our services every year and we need to make sure we provide them stellar quality, a safe and secure environment and flawless uptime. We have quite the estate nowadays, so we need you to help us manage and obsess about improving our products.
A standout thread flows through all our work: we not only deliver Whitelabel Platform solutions that focus on user journey and the user’s needs but also optimization help for buying platforms and much more.
We are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re known for our family feel, game-changing, funky fresh approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity, and diversity.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centered design; we deliver client work using Agile processes and in-depth discovery.
About the Role:
We are seeking a PHP developer who will complement and bolster our current team of talented developers. The role will primarily be supporting the development and maintenance of a portfolio of sites and will also provide opportunities to develop skills towards full-stack development.
We will support you in developing your skills and hope that you will help us develop ours. We are receptive to new solutions and love finding innovative ways to deliver modern software solutions. If you have something to contribute, such as new technology or a streamlined process, we encourage you to explore and share your ideas.
- Supporting a variety of projects, meeting their digital requirements both on time and on a budget
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to our clients is of the highest quality
- Working closely and maintaining good relationships within the wider internal teams
- Working closely with team members and clients to capture requirements
- Identifying improvements to processes and procedures
- Clear escalation of issues for resolution
- Good knowledge of PHP
- Basic knowledge of Drupal
- Familiarity with WordPress development
- Ability to troubleshoot PHP, MySQL, and CSS issues.
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Good knowledge of web technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Ability to take technical requirements and translate that into working code.
- Experience with git
- Experience with Composer
- Great comms and collaboration skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, flexible and reliable
- Understanding of commercial requirements
- Good problem solving and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Exposure to Agile practices
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing)
Apply for this job
We take data privacy very seriously and we want to make sure you understand and agree to the way we collect, store and use your personal data. By filling in and submitting your application you provide us with your personal data. We collect your data in order to process your job application. We typically process and store your data for the duration of 10 years or until you withdraw your consent.