Data insights analyst – Data and Insights team
Vast Visibility is a multi-layered insurance comparison technology company with expertise in lots of different areas. We specialize in building price comparison platform solutions for our white label partners, optimization help for buying platforms and bespoke data solutions.
With over 3 million customer quotes and almost 400,000 policy sales in 2021, it is safe to say that data is at the heart of everything we do.
As our business expands and as we continue to invest in new technology, predominantly within the AWS ecosystem, we are in need of a data insights analyst to help us consolidate our legacy reporting tools into a more comprehensive suite of data and analysis tools through our new operational portal.
What is the data and insights team responsible for?
- Data structure and governance
- Data innovation – data lake, machine learning, anomaly detection
- Data insights and analysis for the business and its partners – shared via our operational portal framework
Main Accountabilities – data insights analyst
- Create content for our operational portal and understand how the platform is being used
- Assist in building, testing, and maintaining dashboards.
- Assist in moving offline manual processes into the Operational Portal, this will include process automation and documentation.
- Document new developments and demo across the business, providing training sessions where necessary.
- Review usage stats and user feedback to understand how the operational portal is being used and where we can make improvements.
- Building modules that we can sell – e.g., pricing data insights, paid search automation.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to help facilitate delivery of high priority initiatives
- Work on ad hoc analyses to help troubleshoot specific business issues
- Help to educate stakeholders and align their thoughts with the data capabilities of the business. Some of what was previously impossible is now possible and the way we prepare, and present data should reflect this.
- Constant review of existing processes and tools to identify whether there is anything available to help us do a better job. AWS are constantly developing new applications that we should be looking to use where appropriate.
- Where we identify new tools or processes you will need to work closely with the data engineers to ensure that they are implemented correctly.
- Definitions: Document metric definitions and ensure they are consistent across all dashboards.
- Dashboards: Document underlying data sets, use cases, limitations, future improvements.
- Work closely with our data engineers to review and improve output (datasets, machine learning / anomaly detection results).
- Constantly scrutinize and validate output, data quality is at the heart of everything we do.
- You love data and see the potential in the application of data to solve business problems.
- You can take huge amounts of data or complex topics, work out what is important, and present it back in a way which can be understood by your audience.
- You are probably a very logical thinker, but you also realise that logic does not always win arguments.
- You do not get stuck when things get in the way of a project. You find ways around it – you research, ask peers, do not accept defeat.
- You are inquisitive, you do not take things at face value. You like knowing how things work, and why they work like that.
- You pride yourself on the quality of your work – you know what you do well, but you also know when to ask for support.
- You can organize your own work and are not overwhelmed by having multiple priorities.
- You are an excellent communicator happy talking with anyone at any level in the business.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in a data analyst role is desired but not essential.
- Attained a graduate degree in a quantitative field, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or something similar.
- Strong excel skills.
- Experience of using BI tools such as Quicksight, Tableau or QlikView is desired but not essential.
- Experience of AGILE methodology and working within a SCRUM framework would be beneficial but not essential.
Company benefits & perks
Vast:Visibility is offering you the opportunity to be part of an energetic and highly talented team along with a carefully selected and competitive benefits pack to support our healthy work-life balance approach:
- 35 hours working week
- 25 days annual leave per year + 8 bank holidays
- Life Assurance and Workplace Pension
- Training sessions and certifications
- Teambuilding events
- Two office dogs, and an amazing view of the docks
Ownership. Collaboration. Compassionate radical honesty. Just a group of grown-ups working towards a common goal and remembering to stop and have some fun every now and then.
Apply for this job
We take data privacy very seriously and we want to make sure you understand and agree to the way we collect, store and use your personal data. By filling in and submitting your application you provide us with your personal data. We collect your data in order to process your job application. We typically process and store your data for the duration of 10 years or until you withdraw your consent.